DIGITAL communications is another fun way to communicate using amateur radio and computers based software.
Several software programs enable weak-signal processing, and pull signals out of the air where the human ear would not be able to hear. Both voice and text based modes are common on HF and VHF bands.Click the links in the lists below for addtional information on each item.
Text Based modes:
- RTTY, HF bands, Getting Statrted
- Packet, VHF and some HF
- APRS, VHF, GPS map based location reporting
- PSK-31, HF bands
- JT-65, HF bands
- Digital software
- FreeDV, HF bands
- DStar, VHF/UHF, ICOM only
- Fusion, VHF/UHF, Yaesu only
- DMR, VHF/UHF, Motorola and other vendors, caution there are multiple versions in use.